Gestalt Coaching Skills Workshop – now running virtually
Please note: In these times of lockdown we are pleased to be able to run the Gestalt Coaching Skills workshop virtually. It remains an experiential programme with no changes to content, faculty, practice, accreditation or quality. As the programme is now being run virtually we are passing on the saving of venue costs onto our participants. Therefore the new fee is £585.00 plus VAT for the virtual programme.
Please do not hesitate to ask us how we have adapted this programme to ensure you receive the high quality that we demand of all of our programmes.
This two day workshop covers:
- The nature of sensory and emotional awareness
- Using observations of what you see, hear and feel in client systems
- The Gestalt Cycle of Experience as a dynamic model to understand individual and group development
- The paradoxical nature of change
- Working with resistance in coaching practice
Reasons to enrol
As a result of attending you will:
- Understand how to work in the present
- Experience the importance of the coaching relationship as a vehicle for change
- Know how to use yourself in the relationship to powerful effect
- Be able to work with the current experience of the client, ie phenomenologically
- Understand and work with resistance in the change process
The workshop is designed to be highly experiential as a prerequisite to theoretical understanding, with opportunities for ‘in the moment’ learning from personal and group experience. Gestalt theory and practice is a very effective and empowering change process for working with individuals, teams and organisations, bringing greater understanding and awareness of how people communicate and relate with each other. As an approach to human functioning it offers an understanding of what it is to be alive and human, and was influenced by such diverse areas of study as eastern philosophy, field theory, philosophy, psychoanalysis and Gestalt psychology.
A Gestalt framework offers a way of being, of developing presence so that the coach acts as a powerful role model in his/her work. It focuses on how beliefs, values and attitude affect people’s relationships, how they respond to change and therefore the impact on business targets. It promotes clarity and discovery where more rational approaches no longer offer the solution.
Gestalt based coaching is underpinned by a number of interconnected concepts:
- Present centred awareness: awareness is seen as curative and growth producing. The coaching process follows the client’s experience, staying with what is present and aware.
- Emphasis on the unique experience of the individual: individual experience comprises emotions, perceptions, behaviour and body sensations as well as memories and ideas and is honoured and respected as being true for each individual
- Creative experimentation: the collaborative efforts of the client and coach promote growth and discovery through experimental methodology in which the coach‘tests’out hunches against the client’s experience and modifies accordingly.
- Relationship: Relationality is central to the change process. Presence, dialogue and the visibility of the coach characterise the co-created relationship of client and coach
Who is this course for?
Practising coaches of all levels.
The Gestalt Coaching Skills workshop is approved for up to 12 CCEU’s by the ICF.