Mindfulness for Coaches Virtual Workshop
In a world in which VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) has become shorthand for ’it’s crazy out there’ and stress is overtaking musculoskeletal problems as the biggest cause of absenteeism, many organisations, teams and individuals are struggling to cope, let alone thrive. Against this backdrop, mindfulness is all the rage. Not only are mindfulness-based therapies the preferred treatment for recurrent depression, the UK Government has recommended mindfulness pilot programmes in settings including the workplace and in healthcare.
An impressive evidence base highlights many benefits from practicing mindfulness including heightened emotional intelligence, improved resilience and ability to manage stress, and closer alignment to values and increased ethical behaviour. Compassion development too is increasingly the subject of studies, with a range of benefits being highlighted. Mindfulness and compassion go in hand, and are the ideal bedfellows for transformational coaching, and leadership development.
About the Virtual Workshop
- Explore key benefits of developing mindfulness and compassion and their application in coaching
- Explore stress management/resilience & work/life balance through a Mindful Compassionate lens
- Experience a range of practices designed to develop mindfulness and self-compassion in coach and client
- Practice working with a Mindful Compassionate Coaching (MCC) approach, using models developed by the facilitator
- Explore potential obstacles to introducing mindfulness and compassion, and ways to introduce these explicitly and appropriately
- Explore what your own MCC-informed practice looks like
- Learn/explore how and why working with mindfulness and compassion in coaching can boost resilience, emotional intelligence and cognitive performance, amongst others
- Learn simple practices and exercises to use with clients to explore work/life balance and resilience, build mindfulness skills and enhance compassion to self and others
- Learn the FELT (Hall, 2015) model and other frameworks, and underpinnings, for Mindful Compassionate Coaching
- Learn/explore how and when to introduce mindfulness and compassion to clients
- Explore what your signature MCC approach looks like