What is Resilience?
Making change and enabling change takes resilience. Change is at the heart of any leadership, whatever walk of life. Resilience is therefore relevant to anyone and everyone who leads.
Why is your resilience so fundamental to change? Because it’s a measure of how much change you can adapt to successfully. We can say therefore that resilience is our ability to reshape.
It’s an unusual definition. Most of what is talked about on resilience is about either coping or about bounce back. Both of these are elements within resilience, but they do not capture all of what resilience is, or indeed can offer.
The Resilience DynamicTM is the model that explains the different states of resilience, and how they are connected.
Attendance can be used as a first step towards a comprehensive Resilience Accreditation Programme beginning on January 24th 2017.
What will you learn?
- Gain an overview of resilience and become familiar with the Resilience Engine © models
- Evaluate your own resilience
- Work through real-life case studies and discuss as a group
- Coach and be coached on one aspect of your resilience that comes up
- Explore the implications for coaching on resilience
- Take an action away for your own resilience development
This session will be a mix of theory and practice, and we will have the opportunity to actively coach.