Paul speaks about his time on the Practitioner Diploma
Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching
Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching
Become a professional internal or external coach with our triple-accredited programme. This four-month experiential diploma is offered in-house or as an open programme, face to face or virtually and enables you to develop your own coaching model as you deepen your expertise of coaching and coaching techniques.
01 October 2020 - 08 January 2021
01 October 2020 - 15 January 2021
06 October 2020 - 20 January 2021
16 October 2020 - 23 January 2021
United Arab Emirates
20 October 2020 - 27 January 2021
22 October 2020 - 10 February 2021
02 November 2020 - 03 February 2021
23 November 2020 - 17 March 2021
03 December 2020 - 12 March 2021
Want to know about running this programme at your organisation? Let's have a chat.
Coaching skills are a new currency for the 21st century workplace. Supporting individual, team and organisational performance, coaching is becoming a natural and habitual part of organisational design and people development strategies. Enriching people, their careers and our businesses, coaching promotes good governance, responsible leadership and sustainable growth.
- Our training provides you with the ability to work as a coach in your own right or to add this as part of a portfolio career
- Identify your own strengths and overcome self-limiting beliefs
- Deepen your self-awareness to become better at understanding and reading others
- Improve your skills in communicating, building relationships and supporting others
- Gain greater insight into others and their ways of being and doing
- Develop new strategies to support, engage, motivate and empower others to perform more effectively
- Helps support the development of your wider workforce and top performers through deeper people skills
- Enriches your people and their work life cycles by encouraging employees to adopt self-directed learning
- Supports your succession planning and talent management pipeline
- Better supports individual and organisational resilience and performance with a more effective health, work and wellbeing strategy
- Helps refine the employability skills of new hires and future leaders
- Improves performance management with better goal setting and review processesImproves employee engagement and accountability
- Enhances management and leadership skills
What you will learn
Indispensable and comprehensive coaching skills – the diploma covers a range of coaching methodologies and is expertly balanced around industry leading knowledge, supervised practise during modules, personal reflection and coaching experience between modules.
How to coach effectively – you will learn about the theory and put this into action working with two practice clients as part of the programme using a comprehensive range of tools and techniques.
Who you are as a coach and how to create your own signature model – you will explore a variety of effective coaching models and by drawing on what aligns with you, will discover your own unique style.
How to become an accredited coach – we offer you a free 12-month AoEC individual accreditation which can be renewed after a year. Training with the AoEC also offers an effective route to professional accreditation with three of the industry’s leading professional bodies.
How you learn
Held over a series of 3 two-day modules plus an assessment day and supported by an elearning programme, your learning will mirror the you will work with the Beginnings, Middles and Endings of the executive coaching process.
The experiential style of the four-month long programme allows you to practise coaching skills from day one and learning about the psychological underpinnings will enable you to deepen your understanding of how people function, grow and change.
Your learning is supported in a safe, secure and confidential environment to enable you to be comfortable and confident in applying your skills and coaching others in groups of three or four.
You will be led by expert faculty who are all highly experienced executive coaches and will receive constructive feedback to develop your abilities and confidence.
Your learning experience
Learning is shared through faculty-led sessions with skills practise in small groups with your peers.
The programme’s blended learning and experiential style exposes you to a range of methods and theories. We will work with you to identify, mould and develop your own model, your own style, your own signature presence.
If you would like to become an accredited coach, there are two components that require your consideration.
The first is that you will need to do a programme that is accredited. This programme has been accredited by the main internationally recognised coaching bodies - being one of the few triple accredited programmes worldwide – the International Coaching Federation (ICF), European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) and the Association for Coaching (AC).
We can therefore offer you professional credentials that will be recognised internationally.
The second thing to consider is your own individual accreditation. Each professional body has similar, but different requirements for individual coach accreditation at different levels. Completion of this programme will provide you with the following:
ICF (International Coaching Federation)
Represents 60 Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH). The ICF requires 60 Coach Specific Training Hours when applying through the ACSTH path for individual coach accreditation for ACC (Associate Certified Coach).
For more information visit the ICF website.
EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council)
Equivalent to UG degree / NVQ5
For more information visit the EMCC website.
Association for Coaching
AC Accredited Award in Coach Training
For more detailed information see the Association for Coaching website.
Programme accredited by:
Who is this programme for?
The diploma is appropriate for people with a working understanding of coaching and is suitable for experienced coaches and professionals who want to become qualified, or who are building a portfolio career.
People on previous courses have included:
- Managers and team or group leaders of all levels
- Human resource and talent development professionals
- Leadership and development roles
- People in employment transition or returning to work
- Chief executive officers
- Employees that have been requested to attend by their managers
- In-house coaches
- Individuals looking to become a coach or add coaching skills to their own business
- Head teachers and university employees
- Military personnel
How many people will be on the course?
This programme is limited to 20 participants to ensure we deliver a high-quality learning experience and that you receive direct individual feedback from faculty.
Is the course residential?
How do I apply?
You can apply for any of our Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching programmes online which are available throughout the year and offered in a choice of locations. If you would like to find out more before applying, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be delighted to help you in any way we can.
Is there any pre-course work?
There is a questionnaire, some recommended pre course reading and also some online learning via the interactive e-learning portal (approximately two hours).
You are expected to find a minimum of two practice clients to work with during the programme (to be ready following module one onwards). We will provide some guidance around this.
How much work is there to do between modules?
As the modules run each month you can manage your time reasonably flexibly between modules.
Commitments pre and post modules:
- Pre Module 1: Recommended reading and around 1.5 hr of online pre course viewing via our interactive e-learning portal.
- Post Module 1: You will be required to start working with your practice clients (x 2). We recommend 1 practice coaching session per client following each module. Usually around 45 minutes per session. You will also need to join a facilitated discussion held via webinar or dial in for 1 hr and 1 small group discussion which is held either face to face/ webinar / dial in ( Depending on the location and agreement set between yourself and the small cohort that you chose to work with from your group during the module ). Around 2 hrs of online interactive e-learning to be completed.
- Post Module 2: Practice coaching sessions x 2. Facilitated discussion x 1, Small Group Discussion x 1, Individual Tutorial with faculty member held via skype or webinar or dial in for 45 minutes. 2 hrs of interactive e-learning to be completed.
- Post Module 3: Practice coaching sessions x 2. Facilitated discussion x 1, Small Group Discussion x 1, Individual Tutorial with faculty member held via skype or webinar or dial in for 45 minutes. 2 hrs of interactive e-learning to be completed.
As well as the above, for the assessment you will be required to complete a 3,000 word learning essay and prepare a short presentation (20 minutes) of your coaching model.
Our faculty are all highly experienced executive coaches in their own right with a range of backgrounds in various professional sectors. Each module will be led by two core faculty members and where there are more than 16 participants on the programme, there will be three faculty members on hand. Click here to see a list of faculty.
Is it possible to complete the programme around a full time job?
The programme has been designed to be completed around a full time job. It is a challenge and will require some of your spare time but the majority of people that complate this programme do so around working.
How much does the programme cost?
The programme is run repeatedly throughout the year and in different locations. Due to its global nature, please check the price at the time of booking or contact us directly to discuss costs in more detail.
What does the programme fee include?
It covers the price of all study materials, refreshments and lunch.
* If a virtual programme lunch and refreshment will not be included.
Is funding available for my training?
There is a £250 discount for individuals who have completed the Coaching Skills Certificate with the AoEC.
Interest free payment plans are available to self-funders if you wish to pay for the programme in instalments. Please contact us for further information.
What is your dress code?
We recommend wearing comfortable, casual clothing on course dates.
What happens if I cannot attend all of the module dates?
We advise against missing days wherever possible and recommend working in the same cohort for the full duration of the course to enhance your personal learning journey and network building. If for any reason you need to transfer to another programme, we will work with you to ensure the best possible outcome.
What happens if I don’t pass?
The programme includes an assessment day and if for any reason, you do not pass, our faculty will continue to work closely with you to ensure you can re-submit your essay or repeat your demonstration or presentation.
What additional support do I receive upon graduation?
On graduation you will receive a free 12-month AoEC individual accreditation which can be renewed for a small fee after a year. You will also receive free membership of the AoEC’s Alumni Association and a free 12-month membership with Enterprise Nation along with discounted insurance and other discounts to specific services.
What is involved for the assessment?
REQUIRE HELP FROM FACULTY TO ANSWER THIS
What past participants have said:
“Participating on the AoEC Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching has been a great investment. The sessions are brilliantly delivered and have provided a wide insight into the range of options available to coaches to maximise relationships with clients. My notebook is full of new learning, much of which I have already begun to practise with my own clients. The course has energised my own development and learning, helped me to engage with peers from other sectors and I will be able to develop my own professional practice as a result.”
Paul White, Organisational Performance Specialist - Northern Ireland
“When I found out the Practitioner Diploma would be held on zoom to be honest, I was sceptical. I was torn between feeling relieved that the course was going ahead and concerned that learning on zoom wouldn’t meet my learning preference and needs. I need not have been concerned at all, my experience has been better than I could have ever imagined. Everything worked so well in the zoom environment that it is hard to imagine how it could have run any better, with the added bonus what we have learnt to coach in the virtual world. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed learning with the AOEC and have been able to build great relationships with my peers on the course, despite never meeting in person. I thoroughly recommend.”
Gemma Grover, People Development Manager, BDO UK - UK
“What started off as a journey for coaching accreditiation ended up as a journey of raising self awarenss, reconnectiong with my authentic sled and growing towards becoming an ICF accredited Coach. I would recommend this journey to anyone who is bold enough to define and address the questions "Who AM I?" and "what is my coaching model?"! Thank you AoEC family!”
Khayerunisaa Abbas. Steps4ward LLC - Dubai
“One of the best leadership development programmes I’ve experienced”
11th September 2020 by Lee Robertson
Mary Morgan is director: strategy, performance and service transformation at NHS National Services Scotland. With past roles in nursing and…
“My ‘Why’ is making a difference to individuals’ personal growth & development”
25th August 2020 by Lee Robertson
Suzanne Pullen came to coaching from a background in senior leadership and people management positions. Graduating from the AoEC’s Practitioner…